Re: about netbeans and related packages

Adnan Hodzic ha scritto:
> In case Hideki is not interested into this idea about repacking anymore,
> I might be ...

Hi.

I maintain openide-utils, which is a piece of the netbeans codebase. I
packaged it because I needed it as a dependency for other packages. In
case someone starts again taking care of the whole netbeans, my package
should be absorbed in his.

Anyway, I have a couple of requests for him: because one of my package
depends on that (small) library, I really would like not to have to
depend on the whole netbeans, so I ask to the maintainer to keep at
least that libraries stripped out from the rest. Moreover, such library
didn't have a POM, so I wrote one (because my packages depending on it
were built with maven), so I also ask to retain the POM I've written
(unless upstream or anyone else writes another).

Of course, I don't want to move on you all the work needed. I'm here to
collaborate. :-)

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>