Re: RFS: libxmlenc-java

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 03:32:10PM +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu Dec 31 16:28, Thomas Koch wrote:
> > The git repository is now available at:
> >
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/libxmlenc-java.git;a=summary
> >
> > I'd be glad, if sb would sponsor the package.
>
> Possibly later today, if you put a source package up somewhere, I don't
> like sponsoring from a git repo (for a start, I still don't know how to
> get an orig.tar.gz from there)
If it's a standard repository layout where packaging happens on master
und upstream sources are on upstream then git-buildpackage will figure
this out for you. Otherwise the maintainer might have put a
debian/gbp.conf into the repository to tell gbp what to do.

You might have to pass an additional --git-pristine-tar to use
pristine-tar to construct the tarball (if it's not in debian/gbp.conf
already).
Cheers,
 -- Guido