Re: Anyone know what is happening with JspWiki?

On 10/25/2010 11:21 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> # Causes install failure.
> severity 592677 grave
> thanks
>
> On 2010-10-26 07:36, tony mancill wrote:
>> On 10/22/2010 03:28 AM, David Goodenough wrote:
>>> JspWiki seems to require tomcat 5.5 (it requires for instance a userid
>>> of tomcat55) but it recommends tomcat6.  It is a few mod levels back
>>> (the current version in testing/sid is 2.8.0, the current version at
>>> apache.org is 2.8.4).  There are two bugs outstanding for it which
>>> do not seem to have been answered from this year.
>>>
>>> Because of the problem with the tomcat55 userid it is currently impossible
>>> to install it.
>
> Hmmm, looks like #592677 ought to be grave.

A quick question about jspwiki's interaction with tomcat.  The current
package assumes the existence of the tomcat55 user and /etc/tomcat55/
directories, the latter in order to create symlinks.  However, it only
suggests the tomcat package.  If we don't want to require the user to
install tomcat, then the next best user I can see to use is www-data.
But given the general reliance on tomcat, it seems better to just depend
on tomcat6.

Any opinions on adding a tomcat dependency?  I realise that it's
conceivable to run JspWiki without it, but suspect that the vast
majority of users would prefer for the wiki to work "out-of-the-box"
(i.e. with minimal setup).

Thanks,
tony