Packages required for trunk build of OpenMRS with MavenBuilder - next steps?

Dear All:

I am currently working with the Debian Med team, who has been very
helpful, to package OpenMRS. Please see http://www.openmrs.org and
svn://cvs.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/openmrs/trunk

Fortunately, the latest release version is an ant build and works well
with the dh $@ command in the Makefile (debhelper).

Unfortunately, for the Maven build on the trunk version, it is not so
simple. The biggest problem, if using the
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenBuilder
tool, is that some of the plugins and dependencies are not currently
in the Debian package repository:

pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
org.openmrs.codehaus.mojo:buildnumber-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-4-mod
pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.6.1
test/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for
Debian: org.springframework:spring-test:3.0.2.RELEASE
api/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for
Debian: org.azeckoski:reflectutils:0.9.14
api/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for
Debian: org.codehaus.mojo:antlr-maven-plugin:2.1
web/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for
Debian: org.openmrs.api:openmrs-api:1.8.0-SNAPSHOT
webapp/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for
Debian: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.4

(this is also listed on http://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-1811)

With the acception of org.openmrs.api:openmrs-api:1.8.0-SNAPSHOT,
which is provided in a maven module that is being compiled within
trunk, the others would be in need of packaging.

This is complicated by the fact that we are using our own maven repo as well:
	<distributionManagement>
		<repository>
			<id>openmrs-repo-releases</id>
			<name>OpenMRS Nexus Releases</name>
			<url>http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases</url>
		</repository>
		<snapshotRepository>
			<id>openmrs-repo-snapshots</id>
			<name>OpenMRS Nexus Snapshots</name>
			<url>http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
		</snapshotRepository>
	</distributionManagement>
which, to my understanding, has some packages that are not included in
the main Maven repos.

In any case, I was wondering:
a) is my understanding correct that, indeed, the above plug-ins and
dependencies (or _any_ we use) have to be in Debian repositories
before a proper _trunk_ package with the Maven build would be
accepted?
b) how would one go about getting these dependencies into Debian repo?
Do I file a bug somewhere, etc?

Thank you
Misha

p.s. Lastly, I was wondering if Maven support actually is supposed to
work with javahelper
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Packaging

There is this mysterious section on that page:
"Maven

We need some information about Maven here."

and I did an
apt-get source javahelper

which showed that jh_makepkg (I believe sorry do not have available at
the moment) actually does have some calls to mvn, but in my brief
testing it did not actually do anything for a Maven build :(

Thank you

Yours
Misha