tomcat6 init script (was: commons-daemon: some changes are missing from the svn repo)

Am 23.07.2010 08:15, schrieb Marcus Better:
> Tomcat is prone to hanging after a few redeploys of non-trivial
> applications, when PermGen fills up. After that, I don't think it
> responds to the shutdown socket anymore. I've found the shutdown script
> to be unreliable quite frequently, whereas jsvc always works.

We could ship an alternative init scripts in the examples folder. That
would give our users the option to replace the default script easily. Do
you want to prepare a patch? I have not enough experience with all the
details. I just prefer a default installation that is recommended
(supported?) by the upstream developers.

Cheers,
Torsten