Re: RFS: sdo-api-java (new package, needed to package EclipseLink)

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> Miguel Landaeta wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for looking into packaging EclipseLink and its dependencies, it
> is much appreciated it.

Thanks for your review. sdo-api-java is the last missing dependency for
EclipseLink. I will upload a package to mentors for EclipseLink soon.

> I had a quick look at sdo-api-java and I noticed that it has an empty
> manifest. Usually eclipse projects requires OSGi-metadata in the
> manifests or else they will not touch the libraries.
>  EclipseLink may use a "Bundle-Classpath" (or so) in their manifest,
> which means they embed the entire jar file into their jar. This allows
> them to use the jar even if it does not have OSGi-metadata, but it is
> suboptimal for Debian.
>  In this case we should patch EclipseLink to use it as an external jar
> (I can help you with that when the time comes).

I included some preliminary OSGi metadata based in a previous package.

usr/share/java/sdo-api.jar:
 Manifest-Version: 1.0
 Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.4
 Bundle-SymbolicName: commonj.sdo
 Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
 Bundle-Name: SDO-API
 Bundle-Localization: plugin
 Bundle-Version: 1.1.1.v200804211122
 Bundle-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
 Export-Package:
commonj.sdo="1.1.1",commonj.sdo.helper;version="1.1.1",commonj.sdo.impl;version="1.1.1"

If something is still missing or wrong we can fix it now or later.

> From debian/copyright - you may want to correct this:

Yep, silly typo, fixed.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sdo-api-java/sdo-api-java_1.1.1-1.dsc
- Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/sdo-api-java.git

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/