Re: Solving the default-jdk-builddep mess

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:26:24PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
>
>> The change was discussed here on the ML. I don't mind about the
>> name, but this should be a distinct package.
>>
>> CC'ing Enrico; please change that in [1] for now.
>> [1] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/nm/trunk/nm-templates/nm_ts1_followup.txt?revision=1136&view=markup
>
> I'm more than happy to change it, but since [1] is my understanding of
> the situation, obviously my understanding is wrong.
>
> I don't quite understand what is wrong with [1], so you'd help me
> considerably by sending me a patch on how you'd like [1] to be changed.

  Probably completely dropping this paragraph is the best solution:

"The same technique is for example adopted by the Java maintainers
without using build-essential but by providing a default-jdk-builddep
metapackage that people can build-depend on."

  Cheers,

      Vincent