Re: [Fwd: 'knopflerfish-osgi' uploaded to mentors.debian.net]

On Sat Mar 13 20:43, Eric Lavarde wrote:
> I was rightly pointed to the fact that I had forgotten to put the
> sources in SVN (thanks for the hint, Niels); it's now done and available
> under
> svn+ssh://ewl-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/knopflerfish-osgi

Hi Eric, I've finally had time to review your package and I have the following
comments:

   - you have ant in build-depends-indep, but it is needed for the clean target,
     which must be runnable with just build-depends

   - you install the jar+link into a subdirectory of /usr/share/java, which is
     not what policy says.

   - there is a debian/patches/debian-changes* patch which has been
     autogenerated by dpkg-source. Looks like the clean target doesn't remove
     knopflerfish-osgi-2.3.3/knopflerfish.org/osgi/framework/resources/tstamp

   - the other patches aren't listed in the series. Are you using 3.0 (quilt)
     and also simple-patchsys? Don't use two different patch systems, it'll
     just go wrong

   - (not a show stopper, just a tip) you might want to consider using
     javahelper

   - you have pre-built javadoc in the source package. You must rebuild it
     before installing, so we normally recommend stripping it from the source
     tarball, given you are repacking already

   - you only list BSD licence in debian/copyright, but there are some apache
     licenced files (eg, but not an exhaustive list:
     ./knopflerfish.org/docs/jars/useradmin/useradmin_all-2.0.2/src/org/osgi/service/useradmin/User.java

     grep -R 'http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0' . reveals 366 files
     referencing the apache licence.

   - does knopflerfish really only work with openjdk? If not you should build
     with default-jdk and have default-jre as the first alternative. If it
     _does_ only work with openjdk then you should not depend on |
     java2-runtime. In any case you don't need to depend on | sun-java5-jre |
     sun-java6-jre given that they provide java2-runtime

   - you don't appear to have a -doc package or install the javadoc in the
     main package. It is highly recommended to do so

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson