Re: Problems packing eclipse RCP application elexis

Hi,

On Saturday 20 February 2010, Niels Thykier wrote:
> eclipse comes with its very own set of build scripts and an ant-wrapper
> that eclipse plugins usually use for their compilation (featuring stuff
> like pre and post compile hooks etc.). I cannot recommend attempting to
> emulate this with regular ant; also the ant-wrapper itself is run via
> eclipse - which tends to make it try and create/access $HOME/.eclipse,
> causing FTBFS on the buildd machines (e.g. see #480693).

From the command-line options of the eclipse [1], there are a few that control
where the platform will store its data (and defaults to $HOME/.eclipse). I
understood that #480693 was going to go away with the new eclipse, but if this
problem is more systemic and we want to have some recipe for buildd machines,
I can take a look, just let me know. I got this HPPA machine from Clint so it
could be a good time to try to set it up to mimic the buildd machines.

Best regards,

Pablo

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-