Re: Please review xslthl (docbook related)

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue Feb 23 13:56, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xslthl/xslthl_2.0.1-1.dsc
>> >
>> > http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=xslthl
>> >
>> > It appears to be lintian clean.
>> Could you import it on the pkg-java svn ?
>>
>> Otherwise, a priori, I don't see any problem.
>
> I do, it almost certainly should be default-jdk, not default-jdk-builddep.
>
> Also (not crucial, but) - you're licencing the package as GPL-2+ but the
> software is BSD-alike, which makes the resulting package GPL-2+. We generally
> recommend using the same licence for the packaging as for the software.
>
> I'd also recommend the dh 7 style of debian/rules, but that's just personal
> preference.
>
> Licence review shows the following: several files are missing licence headers
> (not a problem per-se, but upstream might like to know). What is a problem is
> that ./examples/sources/example-javascript.xml says:
>
>  * @projectDescription Javascript snippet to generate the lyrics of the song "99 Bottles".^M
>  * Copyright (c) 2008 Ariel Flesler - aflesler(at)gmail(dot)com | http://flesler.blogspot.com^M
>  * Date: 3/27/2008^M
>  * @author Ariel Flesler^M
>  * --This script follows the standard specified by scriptDoc: http://scriptdoc.org/^M
>
> with no licence grant, so needs to be clarified or stripped out. This is true
> of a number of other examples there, some of which have no licence header and
> some have a copyright statement and no licence grant. Since they all appear to
> bet third-party, this makes it harder to ignore the lack of header than the
> files in the main source tree.
>
> ./examples/sources/example-xml.xml is licenced under the GPL, but not mentioned
> in debian/copyright, nor are any of the other examples. Personally, I'd
> recommend stripping all the examples from the source tarball.

Done, as suggested.

 $ svn ci -m"Integrate suggestion from Matt Johnson"

             ~/debian/pkg-java/trunk/xslthl
Adding         xslthl/debian/README.source
Sending        xslthl/debian/changelog
Sending        xslthl/debian/control
Sending        xslthl/debian/copyright
Sending        xslthl/debian/get-orig-source
Adding         xslthl/debian/libxslthl-java.docs
Sending        xslthl/debian/rules
Transmitting file data .......
Committed revision 11689.

I did document the README.source since user may not be able to read
the get-orig-source file.

Thanks,
--
Mathieu