Re: FUTEX_WAIT java - was iceweasel javaplugin

On 2009-12-12, Alan Greenberger <alanjg@ptd.net> wrote:

> Next I downloaded a trivial java test program from
> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FreeMind_on_Linux
>  javac  DummyPrinter.java
>  strace java DummyPrinter
> It hangs with:
>  futex(0xb7d6cbd8, FUTEX_WAIT, 1992, NULL
> After three minutes, it brings up the printer GUI.  When the print

Tim Ruehsen just posted in debian/user a workaround for a java problem
in unstable.  I gave it a try and:
java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true DummyPrinter
 brings up the printer GUI right away!
_JAVA_VM_OPTIONS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" jcontrol
 brings up the jcontrol GUI right away instead of three minutes!

Does anyone have an idea of how to pass this to the java plugin in
iceweasel?