Re: api docs, java source

On Tue Dec 15 21:05, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> Please file a bug. The docs should go to /usr/share/doc/junit4/api.
>
> > Maybe we should add a section to java-policy about the right position?

I thought it was there, either currently or in the new draft. It
certainly should be. The new version of javahelper I just uploaded
does this for you and also generates a doc-base file for it.

> > b)
> >
> > Shouldn't /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE-doc be a symlink to /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE
>
> I don't understand rational behind this. So can't comment.

If $package-doc depends on $package then it can be such a symlink.

> > When all api docs are in a standard location, shouldn't it be easy of IDEs to
> > use them?
>
> It depends on how a particular IDE reads the javadoc. But if they are
> in standard location then surely we can think about how we can patch
> IDEs to read them (in long term).

Yes, this is a good idea. I don't know whether this is helpful, but all
the docs should be registered with doc-base so there is a central
location for them.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson