Re: eclipse status (and things you can help us with)

Pablo Duboue wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>
>> Things you can do to help us:
>>  * Help me with the jetty upload. Upstream helped out - it just needs to
>> be merged with our packaging. [1]
>
> I'd like to help with this. What is the deliverable? A merged package?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pablo

Hi

[CC'ed the java list to let others know you were interested in this].

As I understood upstream they have added the OSGi metadata we need and
updated the debian packaging in their SVN to build the new upstream
release (see link for their SVN commit)

You may have to undo some of the changes I did on the pkg-java SVN or
merge them with upstream's changes for it to work (I had some trouble
building the new release, so I started patching the current one; which I
put on hold when I realized that I need to fix tomcat before I can use
jetty updated).

A merged package committed on the pkg-java SVN would be great - but if
you could get it cleaned up and uploaded with the OSGi metadata as well,
then that would be even better.

~Niels