Re: commons-collections packages

Onkar Shinde a écrit :

Currently we have two commons-collections packages in repository.
libcommons-collections-java - 2.x release
libcommons-collections3-java - 3.x release

I browsed the upstream release archive and it looks like the last
release from 2.x was in 2002. So in my opinion we should migrate the
rdepends to libcommons-collections3-java. AFAIK, 3.x API is backward
compatible with 2.x.

Let me know your comments.

Any comments on this topic?

I'm not sure it is fully backward compatible. There was a binary incompatibility between 2.1 and 3.0 which was resolved in Commons Collections 2.1.1. And some deprecated classes and methods were removed in the 3.0 release.

    http://commons.apache.org/collections/compatibility.html

Is it possible to know how many packages depend on the 2.x collections package? It would be worth checking if they still compile after the migration.

Emmanuel Bourg