Re: Debian Java policy update

Pablo Duboue wrote:

> While looking into the right answer for Bug #554877
> (/usr/share/jetty/webapps or /usr/share/java/webapps ?) I found the
> posted
> Java policy is really out of date:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/
>
> It seems to focus on pre Open-JDK issues and it is lacking more recent
> information about, for example, how to detail with
> architectures where there is no Open-JDK (e.g., [1]).
>
> How can we go about updating this policy document in an efficient manner?
>
> (A wiki with a working version and yearly review could work, but
> that's just a proposal).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pablo
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2009/12/msg00107.html

Hi

I have been working on this myself - you may want to check the bugs for
the "java-common" package; it has all the suggested changes as well as
my last draft (a month or 3 old now). I have been working on a second
draft; though I have not been giving it too much attention lately.

I will see if I cannot get it completed before Christmas.

~Niels