Re: Difference between Ubuntu and Debian Java packages

What about http://people.debian.org/~mehdi/udiff/java/ ?

>> - There is some false positives (like -build* versions). I can filter
>> them out but I'd like to keep them in the list.
>
> To see which packages may need a sync-request in Ubuntu? If so it would
> make great sense to hide the packages where Debian does not have a newer
> version.

Packages needing sync request are those with a greater version in Debian.
I can show them, if needed.

>> - There are a lot of (simple) changes that can be synced back.
>> - There are 76 packages in the list.
>> - The script can be used to see the changes in packages of another team.
>> All you have to do is to change the query at line 35.
>>
>> I will try to sponsor every backport announced on this list when the
>> changes are relevant/applicable/valid.
>>
>> [1] http://people.debian.org/~mehdi/java/grab-packages.sh
>> [2] http://people.debian.org/~mehdi/java/pkg-java-maint-pkgs.txt
>>
>> [3] grep-dctrl -FMaintainer pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
>> Sources.Debian  | wc -l
>>
>> [4] The interesting part is its output, not its source code :)
>>
>> I hope that some of you would help me to backport these changes (when
>> relevant) and some comments or ideas for improvements,
>>

> Sure, I do not mind preparing a package or 5 when I am not busy.
>
> I ran your script and noticed that it occasionally spits out an error
> from dpkg-parsechangelog. I could not figure out what caused it though.

They appear from time to time. I've fixed some of them (see comments in
the script) but I'm sure there are others.

> I would also like if it could provide the link for the Ubuntu patch (the
> one PTS links to) - it saves the time to look up the package on the PTS
> (or creating the link manually).

Done.

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي