Re: What is openjdk equivalent of javaws.jar

  Hello,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to package a software (sweethome3d) which uses some
> classes from javax.jnlp package. When I searched on javacio.us the
> results indicated that the classes I am looking for are part of
> javaws.jar. This file is currently available only in Sun JRE package
> in Debian.
> Can anyone help me locate the openjdk equivalent of javaws.jar from
> Sun JRE package? The particular class I am looking for is
> javax.jnlp.SingleInstanceListener.

  zipinfo suggests that it is provided "by default" by openjdk:

~ zipinfo /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar | grep
SingleInstanceListener
-rw----     1.0 fat      185 b- stor 09-Oct-12 10:59
javax/jnlp/SingleInstanceListener.class

  On the other hand, I don't have any idea of whether this class is
functional or not. The relatively small size might suggest otherwise.
This raises a problem which I've hit quite a few times already: it is
a currently pain to find which java package holds which java classes.
It would be quite great to have the equivalent of apt-file for java
classes ;-)... (and that shouldn't be too difficult to write, actually
- I just do not currently have the time).

  Cheers,

      Vincent