Re: RFS: jmdns

Hi Mathieu,

Le samedi 03 octobre 2009 11:08:33, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
> It builds these binary packages:
> libjmdns-java - A Java implementation of multi-cast DNS (Apple Rendezvous)
[...]
> The upload would fix these bugs: 486697
[...]

Some comments about this package :

- You have build a debian-native package (debian/ directory in
jmdns_2.1-1.tar.gz). You should remove debian/ directory and rename this to
jmdns_2.1.orig.tar.gz

- debian/control:
 * I won't sponsor a "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" package for a NEW one.
 * Source: jmdns with Section: libs and only one Package: libjmdns-java
Section: java. You should set Source: jmdns with Section: java  use
inheritance to binary packages
 * Move openjdk-6-jdk from B-D-I to B-D
 * Short description should not start with "A..." [1]
 * You should set Vcs-* fields to pkg-java SVN repository

- debian/copyright
 *  You should use DEP-5 [2] instead of
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
 * You should swap Files: * and Files: debian/* (DEP-5: "it is recommended for
clarity that the stanzas appear in order from most general (e.g. Files: *)
first, through to most specific")
 * debian/* are copyright Yann Rouillard. And you ? :)
 * You should include in debian/copyright a note about upstream switch from
LGPL-2.1 to ASL-2 (to explain two LICENCE files in root directory)
 * AFAIK, some files are still licensed under LPGL [3]
 * Upstream should include ASL-2.0 headers [4]

- You should build a separate -doc package for Javadoc API

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-
practices.html#bpp-pkg-synopsis
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
[3] LGPL-2.1 files :
src/samples/ListServices.java
src/samples/DiscoverServiceTypes.java
src/samples/DiscoverServices.java
src/samples/OpenJmDNS.java
src/samples/RegisterService.java
src/com/strangeberry/jmdns/tools/Browser.java
src/com/strangeberry/jmdns/tools/Responder.java
src/com/strangeberry/jmdns/tools/Main.java
[4] http://apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html "How to apply the Apache
License to your work"

You should, at least, fix the most important issues before I'll sponsor this
package.

Damien Raude-Morvan - http://damien.raude-morvan.com/