Re: RFS: azureus (updated package, fixes RC bug)

Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> writes:

> I believe /usr/bin/vuze is just a wrapper script. So unless the mail
> class of the application accepts some arguments, I don't think a
> manpage would make any sense.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

Any program in one of the standard binary directories (/bin, /sbin,
/usr/bin/, /usr/sbin) is a command that a user can run, or that they
might find in a script or shortcut etc.

The user has a reasonable expectation from convention, and is promised
by Debian policy, that any such program has a useful manpage describing
the command: the ‘whatis’ entry (from the “NAME” section), the synopsis,
the description, etc. are all useful information for any public program
on the system.

If the command doesn't take any arguments or options, that doesn't mean
the manpage isn't needed. Rather, it means the manpage should explicitly
*tell* the reader that the command doesn't take arguments or options.

--
 \          “I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a |
  `\    king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some |