Re: [Re: where I can found libjvm.so]

Le mardi 14 avril 2009 à 17:09 +0200, Sergio Cogliati a écrit :

> I had try to read and understand m4 macro and bash script that you sent
> me. Thanks a lot!!
You are welcome

> However I installed the sun-java6-bin for 64bit architecture and I had
> just define JAVA_HOME environment variable (for bash) as:
> export  JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
>
> Now, reading the instruction for starting to use the development package
> for my instrument I read as follow:
>
> >  Add a symlink from libjvm.so in your JDK location to /usr/lib
> >
> > 	You should add a symlink from the libjvm shared object in your JDK
> > 	installation to /usr/lib.  For example, if your JDK location is
> > 	/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_4, you would issue the following command as root:
> >
> > 		ln -s /usr/java/jdk1.6.04/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so /usr/lib/libjvm.so
Well, not a very portable solution ...

> So I had try to make the same for my lenny/amd64 in
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/amd64/ but I can't found libjvm.so.
> In that directory there is only libjava.so library...and I think that
> it's not what I’m searching for.
Under amd64, the path to libjvm.so is different.
It is jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so
(please test the URL Glennie sent you)

> Now I’ thinking that I have two ways:
>
> a) try to install the ia32-sun-java6-bin package so start with the
> 32-bit (I think)
>
> b) I can try to manually install the 64-bit version of sun-java6 from
> sun internet site and see if something changed
>

> What do you suggest?
> Do you suggest to use other java like openjdk or BlackDownJava??
It depends what you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to develop a portable application, try my scripts.

Sylvestre