Re: OpenJDK build attempts on the testing security infrastructure

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 07:50:42PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Build times are generally acceptable, with the exception of armel,
> which needed almost 45 hours.

> armel is at about 19 hours, so almost acceptable.  However, in
> practice, this likely adds to the 45 hours of openjdk-6, resulting in
> 64 hours of total build time, which is totally out of question.
> Otherwise, the build times are fine.

We (armel porters + debian system admins) are working on getting a
Marvell Developer board[1], which seems to build packages approximately
2-3x faster than the current armel buildd's. My last night test build
of openjdk-6 using this board took about 20h.

Also I notice the packages are built with ecj using the slowish gij
interpreter. perhaps the package build could be made faster by using
gcj precompiled ecj-gcj package?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2008/07/msg00095.html

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups