Re: icedtea status?

Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:

 We just had a telco about this and I hope we will have openjdk6 in
 Debian in a not too distant future.

Not sure what you mean by telco, but anyway. Doesn't openjdk6 include
the binary blobs, and icedtea6 is the one that could go into main?
Ubuntu seems to have icedtea7, would it be useful to have icedtea7
instead or to have both?

We have been working diligently to get binary dependencies cleared in OpenJDK 6.  The source tree is already clear or extremely close.  The build instructions however continue saying to use an existing JDK for bootstrap.

If you wish to help us get OpenJDK 6 to a fully deblobbed/undependant state we'd appreciate some help.

- David Herron