Help needed on the Java policy

Hi,

I'm fighting a bit with the current state of the Java policy, and it has hit pretty hard because FreeMind isn't in testing anymore because of this (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=436206).

OK, starting from the beginning:
1. FreeMind 0.7.1 works only with Sun's Java (let's assume 1.4 only for the sake of simplicity). 2. i.e. I make my package depend on j2re1.4 | java2-runtime, the first is necessary, the second is given by the policy. 3. the issue is that anybody can then decide to fulfill the dependency by installing whatever provides java2-runtime, even if I perfectly know that it won't work.

So, how can I fix this and respect the policy?

Additional question: the Java RE packages created with java-package used to depend on some X libraries, the sun-javaN-jre packages don't anymore. What is the dependency one should best use for Java programs with an (X-)Gui?

Thanks, Eric