Re: Confused about the Glassfish packages

On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:17 PM, David Goodenough
>
> <david.goodenough@linkchoose.co.uk> wrote:
> > I am confused about the Glassfish packages on Debian.  What are they
> > intended for?  They do not seem to install a complete running version
> > of Glassfish (there is no /etc/init.d script for a start) so I assume
> > that they are intended just to deliver JARs needed for development.
> >
> > So this begs two questions, firstly why does it not say this in the
> > description (the implication is that if you install all of the glassfish
> > packages you have a complete system) and secondly what is the plan to
> > completethis set of packages so that we can have a complete running
> > glassfish installation from deb files.
>
>   This would probably be more appropriate as a bug report against the
> glassfish packages.
>
>   Regards,
>
>       Vincent Fourmond

Well not really.  If all they are intended to be is a source of JARs for
development purposes than thats fine (but it would be useful to be told).

Its only if they are intended to be all of glassfish that there is a bug.

Also if there is a plan in place to provide the rest, then raising a bug is
just noise.

For this reason I thought that a discussion on the list was the best starting
point.

David