Re: RFS: trang 20030619-7 (QA upload)

Michael Schutte wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 02:23:51PM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
>> Michael Schutte wrote:
>>> Hi Javaists,
>>>
>>> [Please Cc me on replies, I’m not subscribed]
>>>
>>> Could one of you be so kind and check my proposed QA upload of trang
>>> fixing #478187?  The error occurs because gcj hides an internal package
>>> of trang behind a built-in one, which causes the very fancy message
>>> described in the bug report.  The source package is at:
>>>
>>> 	http://alioth.debian.org/~michi-guest/packages/trang_20030619-7.dsc
>>> […]
>> I'm guessing that there was a missing -findirect-dispatch -Bsymbolic.
>
> Thanks for the tip, but -findirect-dispatch was already there, and
> adding -Bsymbolic does not fix the problem.

OK.  I still don't really understand what was causing the problem.
There must be something peculiar about the way that it was being built.

As long as the classes are compiled with -findirect-dispatch -Bsymbolic,
built into a shared library, the library added to the database, and the
bootclasspath pointed at the jarfiles, everything should be fine.

I'm guessing that what happens here is that the org.relaxng classes
are compiled into an executable in the hope that these classes will be
preferred to the ones of the same name in libgcj.

>> I'd be quite interested to see what you've changed and what broke, but
>> sadly my Debian smarts are inadequate to decude that URL.
>
> # aptitude install devscripts
> $ dget -xu http://alioth.debian.org/~michi-guest/packages/trang_20030619-7.dsc
> $ cd trang-20030619
>
> For your convenience, I’ve also attached a patch between the buggy -6.1
> and my -7.

Yeah, I see that you've renamed the classes to avoid gcj finding its own
versions.

Andrew.