Review wanted on a package

Hello,

I'm trying to package protobuf (http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/).
The source package will generate C++, Python and Java bindings. Since
I'm not knowledgeable with Java, and even less with Java packaging,
could someone please look over the Java bits?

The git tree for the packaging is at
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/protobuf.git

And a (not-up-to-date with the latest commits) package at:
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/protobuf/protobuf_2.0.0~b-1.dsc

Note that the Java parts were originally made by another user, and I've
taken and changed them a little. Notable points:
  - upstream uses maven to build, but since this is not really needed
    and maven resources are not available in Debian we just use a custom
    ant script
  - openjdk-6 and the sun-jdk 5 and 6 are the only jdks that can build
    the package, due the fact that the java.util.regex in classpath is
    missing some functions (already implemented upstream, I think, but
    not yet in sid's gcj); since openjdk works, this still allows the
    package to be in main, right?
  - I'm not really sure about the naming of the (actual) jars in
    /usr/share/java... right now I have protobuf-java-2.0.0beta.jar: is
    the -java part needed? A few other jars in there have such a part

Some discussion about the packaging started on debian-mentors at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2008/07/msg00287.html

Thanks in advance, and please keep me CC-ed, I'm not on the list.

iustin