Re: Eclipse 3.4 packaging - help needed

Hi Andrew, hi all,

> > Actually, I'm about to package sat4j [0], but haven't fully succeeded yet.
>
> Feel free to look at my Fedora packages (and suggest improvements :):
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/sat4j/devel/
>
> Also, Daniel (upstream) asked me to package 2.0.2 when he releases it
> soon as that will contain all of the tests and data (so they can all be
> run) and a few other cleanups.

Daniel already informed me about your packaging efforts and I've also read your
postings in the forum.

It seems you don't use the maven build system either (that currently seems to be
impossible in an offline build environment), but I tried not to pull in eclipse
as a build dependency. I thus adapted one of the old build-2.4.xml files.
Further, I removed all the tests (for now), because most of them lack proper
license info. I'll talk to Daniel about this. Otherwise, no patching was
necessary when using the 2_0_1 tag in upstream SVN.

As far as eclipse is concerned: sat4j now resides in NEW. As I'm new to Java
packaging in Debian the package may be broken in some way, so I'd be happy to
get lots of input from the eclipse maintainers on the usability of the package
for your purpose.

Best,
Michael