Re: Sponsor for jaranalyzer package needed

Hi Florian,

Florian Grandel said:
>> Can it be used to track changes in the method signatures or does it just
>> analyze inter-jar depenedencies?
>
> No, method signatures are not checked. The tool just analyzes inter-jar
> dependencies similar to java-propose-classpath within Matthew's
> javahelper package. I find this very useful for packaging more
> complicated java applications. The tool generates a very nice clickable
> HTML-Report with all dependencies and further dependency statistics. See
> the XML-part of README.Debian for an example on how to get the HTML.
One more thought: did you check that the logic is the same between
Matthew's javahelper and your tool? Is code sharing an option?
The worse that could happen to packagers would be different results from
those two tools; I can already imagine the mess... ;-)

Thanks, Eric

--
Eric de France, d'Allemagne et de Navarre