Re: Circular build dependencies in jboss related packages

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 06:33:49PM +0530, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to fix FTBFS for jboss related packages in Ubuntu. But I
> have found out that there are circular build dependencies. Since there
> has been no change in source in Ubuntu, I thought I would better ask
> here.
>
> Are the circular build dependencies intentional or accidental? If they
> are intentional can anyone suggest any way to fix FTBFS?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Circular dependencies are bad but not a big problem in Debian in this
case as all packages are architecture independant and we are uploading
binary packages to the archive. Both reasons make it simple for Debian.

In general you need to create packages that dont have a circular
dependency first and use this for bootstrapping. when all packages
depending on this one you can replace it by a real package.

As Ubuntu doesn't allow binary uploads you are lost. You will probably
need help from Ubuntu archive admins to allow binary packages in, or so.
But that is out of the scope of this list and my mind.

Cheers,
Michael