Re: Is this a Java error?

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:21:13AM +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> It looks like that software tries to do some network access and fails.
> This might be to due missing/wrong prox settings or too restrict
> firewall or ...
>
> Please use a network sniffer to find out whats wrong. I dont think it
> has anything to do with a bug in SUNs JDK (I may be wrong) or a bug in
> your Citrix sofware.

Thanks for this. I had a look with Wireshark and am not much the
wiser.

In any event, I don't think this is a firewalling or proxy issue, for
a couple of reasons. First, I've tried disabling both the proxy
(squid) and the firewall, to no avail. Second, I can access Citrix
from a Windows VM running within Debian and using the same interface,
passing through the same firewall settings.

If you have any other thoughts then please let me know, though it
sounds from what you're saying like it's not a Java problem. In the
meantime I'll make another attempt to persuade my employer's IT
department to show an interest in the problem (I might "forget" to
tell them I'm using an "unsupported" OS, for example...)

Thanks,

John

[Again, please cc me in any response]