Re: Bug #449176: azureus: Downloads very slowly with GIJ

Shaun Jackman writes:
 > Running the bit torrent client Azureus, downloading progresses
 > terribly slowly with the
 > java-gcj-compat JVM and works fine with Sun's JVM. If anyone has any
 > thoughts on why this might be the case, or has some time to
 > investigate, I'd appreciate the help in solving this bug.
 >
 > http://bugs.debian.org/449176

What is the CPU meter doing?

If the CPU is pegged at 100%, I'd do some profiling.  Also, starting
with the vm option -verbose:class will tell you if, by some accident,
you aren't using the precompiled classes.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903