cannot build with gcj on amd64

Suddenly I get the infamous "java.lang.Object cannot be resolved" when building on amd64. Any ideas?

I'm not using any chroots or anything.

~$ /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/javac Test.java
----------
1. ERROR in Test.java (at line 1)
        public class Test
        ^
The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

~$ dpkg -l java-gcj-compat-dev ecj\* libgcj7-1
||/ Name             Version          Description
ii  ecj              3.3~M7-2         standalone version of the Eclipse Java compiler
ii  ecj-bootstrap    3.3~M7-2         standalone version of the Eclipse Java compiler
ii  ecj-bootstrap-gc 3.3~M7-2         standalone version of the Eclipse Java compiler
ii  ecj-gcj          3.3~M7-2         standalone version of the Eclipse Java compiler
ii  java-gcj-compat- 1.0.76-2         Java runtime environment with GCJ
ii  libgcj7-1        4.1.2-8          Java runtime library for use with gcj

Marcus