Re: A Java Packaging Wishlist

On 5/26/07, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis@apache.org> wrote:
Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> If we wanna use maven to build, we need maven in main. If we want to
> extract metadata, we just need an xslt or some
> perl/python/java/whatever xml parser.

No you don't. I meant that you can use Maven to generate the files and
include in debian/. That way you can leverage the project's meta-data
and start working on integration Maven into the build process until it
is properly into main and those files can be generated build-time.

I don't like the idea of generating those files at build time. But
maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Anyway, tools used to generate and build debian package are in main so
if we want to include maven calls in those scripts, we need maven to
be in main.

--
Arnaud Vandyck