Re: Plans about OpenJDK ?

On 5/19/07, Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
[...]
Because openJDK won't be available for all
architectures we will have to use gcj for most of our architectures.

That could lead to problems when we'll have a dfsg openjdk, it'll be
on x86, x64, but what will be the status of other arches?

What will we do with packages that needs openjdk to build and run?
Will they be in main but only for x64 and x64 arches?

Is there plans to include code from cacao or jamvm? or to port the vm
on other arches?

Maybe it's too early to answer, but when we'll have openjdk in our
pool, the question will raise from users on arches !=(x86|x64).

Arnaud Vandyck