jars, binfmt_misc and policy

I've just setup binfmt_misc to execute jar files regardless of
extension. I have an ITP on a package to do this (#423081) and wondered
A. if this is something which people think is a good idea and B. what
the policy would then be on installing the jars. There are two options I
can see, either installing them into /usr/share/java per policy as
executable and with the .jar extension and then symlinking them to
/usr/bin without an extension; or installing them into /usr/bin directly
executable with no extension. Obviously all packages using this would
have to depend on jarwrapper.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson