Re: RFS: freemind and dependencies

On 4/4/07, Eric Lavarde - Debian <deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de> wrote:
Hi,

Hi Eric,

Arnaud Vandyck said:
> I'll try to rebuild your packages with ibm's jdk and upload them.
Do you _add_ IBM's home directory to JAVA_HOME_DIRS in rules +
corresponding build dependency, or replace it?
Background of my question: I know that it's not considered good practice
to have alternative build dependencies, but on the other hand:
- we will have tested both alternatives
- it's a bit cumbersome if we both need to switch JDK back and forth in
debian/{rules,control}

I don't think it's a problem in our case because arches are
differents. My way to do that is to add ibm jdk in build dep and add
ibm's java_home in debian/rules (in the latest position). So it'll not
be a problem for those who want to build it on x86.

Arnaud Vandyck