Request for a java package review

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Java and in particular to Java packaging. A blender
user pointed me to the Sunflow render engine[1] and was wondering why
there was no package for it in Debian.

 1. http://sunflow.sourceforge.net/

I gave it a quick look and it looks like it builds fine with free tools,
and is also usable with them. A quick comparison (using the real-time
benchmark) shows that it doesn't work as well as with sun's jvm, but
well, it is at least usable, and people are free to install the VM they
want.

I'd appreciate a review of the control file, which you can browse on
[2], selecting the top-most tree, then debian, then control (not
adding the URL, it's far too long). A source package is also available
at [3].

 2. http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/sunflow.git;a=summary
 3. http://alioth.debian.org/~kibi-guest/sunflow/sunflow_0.07.2.dfsg-1.dsc

It looks like it builds fine in pbuilder, but I'd appreciate if you
could check that the B-D (e.g. on -compat-dev) is correct, as well as
the Depends: on the JVM. I'm not sure about the compatibility with
java1 and java2, is there any easy way to tell? As a first guess,
leaving the alternative as it is, and wait for an eventual bug report
sounds acceptable for me.

Speaking of which, given some of your packages I looked at, the
alternative is OK, but lintian doesn't appreciate it. Is it correct to
override the warning?

Thank you in advance.

Cyril Brulebois

PS: I'm not subscribed, that's why I set Reply-To.