RFC: docbook-xsl-saxon (Java extensions for use with DocBook XML stylesheets (Saxon))

x-post to debian-java, debian-mentors and pkg-java-maintainers

Hi,

I'm building docbook-xsl-saxon, a Java package, that provides
docbook-xsl related extensions. For those interested in the packaging
files, see
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/docbook-xsl-saxon/trunk/debian/?rev=0&sc=0

I receive these informational objects from lintian:

I: docbook-xsl-saxon source: build-depends-without-arch-dep ant
I: docbook-xsl-saxon source: build-depends-without-arch-dep
java-gcj-compat-dev

Now I'm unsure, if lintian is right here. The clean target is defined in
an ant makefile (build.xml). So ant and java are both used in the clean
target. To my understanding of Build-Depends and Build-Depends-Indep, I
have to list at least ant in Build-Depends, not in Build-Depends-Indep.
I'm not sure about java-gcj-compat-dev, because java-gcj-compat provides
the java binary.

The package builds fine with kaffe and gcj-java-compat-dev. BTW: Do both
use ecj to compile the source? If yes, where is the difference, if I use
gcj-java-compat-dev or kaffe as build-dependency? I'm sorry for the
questions, but this is my first Java package and I'm trying to learn
more about Java packaging for Debian.

Please split answers and send them to the "right" list if you want. I'm
subscribed to all 3 lists, this posting is sent to.

Regards, Daniel