Re: RFS: opengrok

On Wed Jun 27 12:40, Ľuboš Koščo wrote:
> Since I am a packaging newbie, can you please elaborate more on why should
> it be in contrib ? Is this in some policy I haven't read ? (probably yes) ;)

Yes, the Debian Policy[0]. Specifically the section about archive
categories[1]. This gives as an example of things which should go into
contrib:

   "free packages which require contrib, non-free packages or packages
    which are not in our archive at all for compilation or execution"

The (relevant bits of the) Debian Policy Manual, Developers Reference[2] and
New Maintainers Guide[3] are must-reads for Debian Packaging.

Matt

0. http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
1. http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-contrib
2. http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.en.html