Re: ArgoUML

Arnaud Vandyck kirjoitti:
> [Cc to debian-java]
>
> On 6/20/07, Sylvere TEISSIER <steissier@messel.emse.fr> wrote:
>> Hello, I just would like to know why the argouml package in Debian
>> contrib (lenny/sid) is so old ?
>> Have you stopped maintaining argouml? or do you have problem with this
>> package ? or something else ?
>
> I'm unable to build it anymore as the depends on mdr which is not
> packaged in debian and is not free. If you wanna help, you can check
> the svn repo and submit patches (they are welcome).
>
> If you can build new upstream, I'll be glad to sponsor new upload
> (when I'll have some time).
>
> Cheers,

Actually MDR is open source nowadays
(http://mdr.netbeans.org/download/daily.html) and I am sure Tom Marble
can help getting http://java.sun.com/products/jmi/ (the sample class
interfaces that Netbeans seems to use) open source too. What might be
problematic is the MOF metamodel: "Metamodel of MOF 1.4 included in the
MDR distribution is governed by the terms set out in the OMG MOF 1.4
specification."

Regards,
Petteri