Re: eclipse in stable?

On 4/9/07, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 02:22:03PM -0700, Alan Ezust wrote:
> Hi - I just tried installing knoppix - and it seems to have chosen debian
> stable as its distro...
> It successfully installed eclipse, but whenever I try to run it, I get this:

In the past Knoppix always used a mix of debian testing, debian sid and
some handcrafted packages.

Yes, it still seems to be doing that. I'm running a custom version of my sources.list, but I can't remember where it says whether I am running "testing" or "unstable". /etc/apt/preferences doesn't give me

Now that "etch" is stable, does that make "sid" testing or is it still unstable?

> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /home/ezust/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/30/1/.cp/libswt-
> pi-gtk-3235.so: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required
> by
> /home/ezust/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/30/1/.cp/libswt-
> pi-gtk-3235.so)
>

> In fact, stable installs glibc Version: 2.3.6.ds1-13 , so i think that the
> eclipse package for stable is not quite ready... Is it just me, or has
> someone else gotten eclipse 3.2 working on a vanilla debian stable box?

Which version of eclipse packages is this? If its the version from etch,
please try the current version from sid.

I think it comes from etch. The deb file is this:

eclipse_3.2.1-6_i386.deb

How to determine which distro it came from?

Which architecture is this? i386 or amd64?

My CPU is running amd64, but as you can see, apt-get installed the _i386 version of eclipse. Perhaps this is my problem?