Selecting a javac which supports at least Java5

[Please CC, I am not subscribed]

Hello,

I want to build a package which requires Java 5. Therefore I
build-depend on (sun-java5-jdk | sun-java6-jdk). How do I ensure, that
the correct compiler is used. E.g. if a free java compiler is
installed, /usr/bin/javac might point to the free compiler which might
not yet support Java 5. Is the only way, to explicitly set the java
compiler path (i.e. /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0/bin/javac
or /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0/bin/javac)?
This is overly restrictive (as is the dependency mentioned above), and
is not a good solution.

Can anyone think of a better solution?

Thanks,

Ben