Re: Will eclipse be part of etch?

Filipus Klutiero writes:
> Did this hesitation include making sure that #401570/#406583 is not a
> serious eclipse bug?

both bugs are reported against swt-gtk and still open; it's fixed in
the pkg-java svn.  We (Michael Koch and me) did try several times to
convince the swt-gtk maintainer to build the swt-gtk packages from the
eclipse source, but we didn't have any success.  The binaries built
from the swt-gtk source are unusable at least for eclipse.

The binaries built from the eclipse source could provide the binaries
built from the swt-gtk source, but I currently don't see a way to not
allow installation of the -jni and the -java package built from
different sources.

  Matthias