Re: Changing policy for the Maintainer field

Marcus Better wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest we adopt the same scheme used by the Perl team [1]:
>   Maintainer = the main _person_ responsible for the package
>   Uploaders = the team mailing list + members who actually care for the
>     package (who have touched it in the past, for example).

Would this still allow us to get a package overview for all of the
packages owned by the team:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

This overview looks like it would be useful to identify stagnating
packages, or ones just in need of a bit of help.