Re: Patch for java-package-0.28

Toraton wrote:
> Hey,
>
> No problem. I'm not sure the patch is even kosher, it's my first
> patch. If you ever get around to taking a look at it and you have any
> advice for me about submitting patches to other projects, I'd love to
> hear it. Thanks for your time.
>
> Regards,
> Josiah
Josiah,
    I will try to take a look at it over the holidays and give you some
feedback.  There are a few issues, but this doesn't really need a patch;
it's just a matter of me working through the tedious steps of adding
support for a new JRE/JDK version and its assoicated binaries for the
supported architectures.  For future reference, please be sure to check
the existing bug reports to see if a given issue has already been
identified.  A wishlist bug has been in place for supporting Sun's Java
6 SE since it was in beta[0].  That would be the most appropriate place
to attach a patch.
    I have been pretty swamped with other stuff lately and have had very
little time for java-package.  Another thing to note is that Java 6 SE
is going to be packaged for Debian and Ubuntu the same way Java 5 has
been.  The java-package utility has served its purpose, but its purpose
has been superceded, so it is probably on its way out.

[0] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=322843

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins