Where can I find an up to date Java policy?

Hi,

I need to package a Java Web application and I want to find the last version
of the Java Policy. It seems that the one on debian.org is a proposal and
I've found mentions on the Web that changes had been committed to alioth, but
no track of it anywhere...

So, for a wana be Java packager, where can he find answers to his elementary
questions like:
- How do we manage different servlet containers? Should we put the application
under /usr/share/tomcat4/webapps for tomcat and to another location if
another servlet container is found? When tomcat is deinstalled...
- How can we detect the JVM level? Tomcat 4 can run with JDK 1.3, but what if
the webapp needs Java 1.4 or 5.0...
- etc

All these kind of questions/answers have already been answered for libraries
and stand-alone Java applications, but I haven't found references to the
Debian way for Web applications (No, drop the WAR file into the webapps
directory answer is not the Debian way for me!)

Thanks for any links.

-- Pierre Métras