Re: Working on tomcat 5.5.x

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi Arnaud,

>>I don't understand this point.

>>I don't understand this point neither :(
>

> I am currently not sure what this was myself - its from a TODO file
> in my working tree :-)

I remember :-)

Tomcat 5.5 switch to an ugly habit from the packager point of view.
It doesn't anymore rely on the external jakarta libraries but on
extracted modified (moved to another package namespace) source files
instead.

For some stuff these source files are included, like for the new
tomcat-util.jar file. However the database connection pooling stuff
is not included and is downloaded / exctracted / modified during
build time (but only with a special build script).

This has to be done beforehand and decided if the resulting
java sources should be put in a repackaged orig tarball or if
another source package tomcat-dbcp should be created which produces
one binary libtomcat5-dbcp-java.

Opinions ?

Regards,
Wolfgang