Re: Repackaging question

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> It's a good idea to remove generated javadoc and jar files and classes.

Well, let's agree to disagree. :)

> They can be removed to use less space and be sure not to include code
> that has been build with non free dependencies.

The space argument is rather weak IMHO, and certainly shouldn't warrant
rebuilding a source tarball only for that purpose. (Or do you have a source
for this advice?) And avoiding to install pre-built binaries is easy.

(It's slightly more difficult to ensure that pre-built third-party jars are
not used during the build, but here we agree that those should be removed
from the source archive.)

Speaking of repacking, I just noticed that the tarball for libxala2-java has
lots of jars in it. I'll try to fix it...