Re: JDK is GPL now! a package in main requested

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Mr. Demeanour <mrdemeanour <at> jackpot.uk.net> writes:

I shall be most interested to see comments from the CLASSPATH
people about this development.

See planet.classpath.org . Many of us are really happy about it, and
have begun playing around with Sun's code. I believe the fun hack for
today is making cacao work with Sun's ME libraries, there have been a
few such things in the past days.

Hmmm - rumours of happy martyrdom for the CLASSPATH project. I rather
hope that's not the way things turn out. Cross-fertilisation would seem
to be a more helpful outcome, to my mind.

This is interesting:
"Sun is only releasing what will become java 7 [...]" - I suppose that
remains the case? AFAIK Java 5 remains the most popular Java platform
(excluding J2ME, of course).
--
Jack.