Tomcat status

Hi all.

I've been testing Tomcat a little bit. I'm using an "etch" environment.

* java-gcj-compat-dev
It looks like this option is completely broken, both in version 5 and 5.5.
Regarding bug #395167, turning security off leads to a
ClassCastException. Perhaps the logging issue has nothing to do with the
crash.
Bug #315038 shouldn't have the experimental tag, it's already in testing.

* kaffe
This one performs better. Tomcat 5 without security shows the admin and
manager webapps; Tomcat 5.5, only the manager, whether security is
enabled or not. This could be one reason to not drop version 5.
Because there's one valid free alternative, bug #315038 should be closed
or reassigned to java-gcj-compat. The same goes for #395167 (or severity
could be reduced) if the Java team considers kaffe does well enough.

* Tomcat 5.5 and "JDK 1.4"-like
Tomcat won't start without the compatibility package. I mean even when
using java-gcj-compat-dev or kaffe. I have to confirm this with 5.5.20.
This can be solved by adding three symlinks. I'll file a bug report later.

Bye.